Coconut Curry Pumpkin Bisque Soup
It’s almost Super Bowl Sunday and if you’re not really going to be that into the game than we suggest getting into the food. In fact, why don’t you make it a Soup-er Bowl with this yummy recipe from the chefs at the Mixx.
Coconut-Curry Pumpkin Bisque Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemongrass (minced)
- 6 cups fresh heirloom pumpkin (roasted and pureed)
- 2 cups carrots (diced)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (15ox) cans of coconut milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Roast one small heirloom pumpkin. To roast: Quarter and remove seeds from the pumpkin. Drizzle the pumpkin with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt and paper. Bake at 375 degrees for one hour or until tender. Set roasted pumpkin aside.
2. In a large soup pot, saute onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and carrots for 7-10 minutes on medium-high heat.
3. Add vegetable stock, pumpkin, curry and cumin. Simmer for 15 minutes on medium-high heat.
4. Add coconut milk and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5.Garnish with cilantro, pumpkin seeds and lime wedge (optional)