USA Today Ranks '10 Craziest Ballpark Foods' with Kauffman Stadium Treats Listed Twice
Pulled Pork Patty Melt at the K
The new menus for the 2017 MLB season have been set, and USA Today has ranked the “10 craziest ballpark foods” that will be ready on Opening Day. The Kansas City Royals made the list twice! Kauffman Stadium will offer a Sunrise Dog, which was ranked at No. 6, featuring a hot dog topped with fried eggs, bacon, cheddar cheese and white sausage gravy. Coming in at No. 2 is a Pulled Pork Patty Melt, featuring a funnel cake with BBQ pulled pork, fried onion, shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese with bacon and a jalapeno skewer. That sounds crazy to us!
The 10 outrageous food items are, in descending order:
10. Churro “Dessert” Poutine – Toronto Blue Jays
9. Taco Dog – Miami Marlins
8. Lobster Poutine Stak – Boston Red Sox
7. Tuna Poke Bowl – Los Angeles Dodgers
6. Sunrise Dog – Kansas City Royals
5. SPAM Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Houston Astros
4. Miami South Beach Dog – Washington Nationals
3. Bao to the Pork – Chicago Cubs
2. Pulled Pork Patty Melt—Kansas City Royals
1. Chicken Funnel Cake Sandwich—Arizona Diamondbacks
To read more details about each of the crazy concoctions, click here.